Saturday, May 12, 2007

POS wiki edit

I heard mention of using RFID tags and POS systems in the future. I decided to add some information to my wiki concerning this topic which I think will soon be the standard in retailing and other types of businesses. I added that With the introduction of RFID tags, there are many new possibilities to integrate with point of sale systems. One of the main reasons for using this new technology would be to deter theft and also cutting costs. By using the RFID tags and linking them to the poing of sale systems, tt eliminates expensive security devices, restrictive packaging and display cages, enabling a more comfortable shopping experience for consumers. This is some very cool stuff and will soon be integrated in to much of our daily lives so keep your eye out for more info.

No comments: